leopold and loeb

Friday, March 05, 2010

Leasing Company woes

So back to working. At least for a little while. I'm working 3 days this week and 1 next week for a leasing company in DC. Honestly, not at all what I want to do. I don't know any of the laws about fair housing, and frankly, I'm much more comfortable working in an office environment rather than at a residence. Not that I'm in a residence exactly, I'm in the leasing office of a residential building. And that makes it weird for me. I can hear people going about their business in their homes. I dont want that. I want to be in a place where people come for 8 hours and then leave. It feels invasive to be privy to those private things that people do at home.

I'm currently on my 'lunch hour' which differs from work hours in that I can ignore the phone. And I ate my lunchable. mostly it hasnt been all that bad, but like I said, the atmosphere is certainly one of a home. And this leasing office is in the BASEMENT of one of the walk-ups. At least on Tuesday I was in a lobby. Albeit a swelteringly hot closet kind of lobby.

I have decided to try not to sweat it. Though apparently tommorrow will be crazy busy with people coming to the leasing office to be shown an apartment. I can stick it out for 3 days. And at the end of it, I can pay my car payment, the cable bill, and still have some left for me, so I can go get a new Easter dress. I'm actually really looking forward to getting an Easter dress. It makes me think of spring, which gives me hope that the winter wont last forever. We can only hope.

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home