leopold and loeb

Monday, April 28, 2008

Second Post of the Day: My weekend

I have been hearing a lot of complaints recently about the content of my blog. Specifically that it doesn't contain any details of how I spend my time, as opposed to other family members blogs. So here you go you haters, here is a description of my weekend, and I hope you choke on it!

This weekend I spent at the beach. A relaxing place most certainly. My family has a house just outside Bethany Beach, so thats where I have always gone. In fact, my first steps were in that house. But I digress. We arrived late Friday to make beds and collapse into them, and, incidentally, move pieces of furniture because some people are never satisfied. Saturday morning, after a leisurely breakfast and cartoons, we bundled up and prepared to spend a few scant minutes on, what we were sure would be a cold beach. Boy were we wrong! Once on the sand, the breeze we had felt from the porch of the house was actually a lot milder. The sun was warmer and the sand was sun warmed and lovely. SO! back into the car, back into the house to change into more appropriate clothes, grab our books, sunscreen, chairs and some towels, annnnd back to the beach!

after sitting on the sand for about an hour, the breeze really did start to get to me, so I went for a walk along the shore on the warm sand. Movement plus wading through the tide pools (which are really a god send on such a day, especially for parents. The pools are only a few feet deep and only a few feet away from the dry sand, so kiddies can splash and play without the fear of giant waves washing them out to sea, and they are only a few steps from mummy) equals warming up. Unfortunately, me plus no sunscreen equals a little pink action. especially on my face. It has since dulled, but I do look a bit rosey this morning. Not that I'm complaining. I actually think I look a lot nicer with a little color on my face.

However, Sunday was a rainy mess. And though we did go to the boardwalk for a little while, it was pretty clear that the ocean would have to wait for us to come back later. The little breeze from Saturday had developed into a full blown wind. That combined with the rain meant that we were chased away long before we wanted to be. oh well, the beach will be there in a few months when its warmer. Its not going anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home