leopold and loeb

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

UnComfort

Last night was one of those truly odd nights for me. Maybe the cheese stands alone and no one else has this problem, but once in a while, I get too comfortable. So comfortable that I get uncomfortable. The pillows and blankets become fluffy cages, and must be kicked, punched, pummeled into submission. I could not for the life of me get comfortable enough to sleep. Or rather, I couldn’t get uncomfortable enough to sleep. So I let my body try to find such a position.

Position 1: The handstand. My bed is against the wall on one side so, legs straight up the wall at a 90 degree angle, head and shoulders over the edge of the bed, hands flat on floor. Comfy for a while, but then the blood started to rush to my head.

Position 2: The twist. With the cat (of course the cat was on the bed through this whole thing. Adding another layer of discomfort, try not to disturb the cat) nestled at your bottom, twist your torso out to hanging over the bed, leaving your back at a 45 degree angle to your legs. Cat moved.

Position 3: The splits. One leg extended against the wall with your head in “normal” position. On the pillow at the head of the bed. Knee should almost touch nose. Other leg curled behind you with toes hanging onto the edge of the bed. This one was actually the winner, though I did have to amend it a little once I stopped moving about quite so much and cooled off enough to need a blanket.

This morning, unsurprisingly, my back and legs are sore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home