leopold and loeb

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Every now and then I get an idea about my life that I chew on for a while. Usually I chicken out before EVER acting on said idea, but sometimes I show great bravado and just do it. Jump into the deep end, who cares how deep it actually is. I don't know where this comes from because usually I am very cautious and reserved, planning things in my life out and generally waiting for things to happen to me.

Recently, I've been toying with the idea of moving to london. Its crazy. Wacko. I don't know anyone there. I don't have any job qualifications. I wouldn't be able to get a work visa, their laws are too strict. There are thousands of reasons why this is a ludicrous idea with little to no chance of success.

BUT. I want to. Its one of my favorite places in the world. I have always been an anglophile. Pubs and cockneys and cabbies and curry and parks and the tube and buses and weirdly ringing telephones that sound like pigeons.

Plus, I've been feeling like my life is in somewhat of a rut lately. I feel like I need to shake things up. A new haircut is not going to do it. Something totally different that is completely out of character is in order. What could be more out of character than to move alone to a different continent? ALONE?! I don't even go to the movies alone.

I'll probably go off the idea. I'll likely never do this EVER. But I've been thinking about it for at least a week now, and if I ever do get the money together... we'll see...

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger A said...

Do it - move there!!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger mixnmatch1 said...

i agree you should move over here to the uk,you will always think 'what if' if you dont.
also if it doesnt work out so be it,

you only live once :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home