leopold and loeb

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin Head

Years and years ago my mother used to call my brother "pumpkin head". I was thinking about that this morning as I ate my breakfast.

See the thing is that its fall. And come fall we get all kinds of things 'round these parts. Leaves are turning, the air is getting cooler, my allergies are at defcon 4, and pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING abounds.

I love pumpkin pie. LOVE. IT. But, I don't think I actually like pumpkin. My aunt once made pumpkin stuffed ravioli and I didn't like it. Once you remove the cinnamon and ginger and sweetness from the equation I am not interested.

Which is one of the things that makes fall awesome. Things aren't ACTUALLY pumpkin flavored. They are Pumpkin SPICE flavored. Which I enjoy.

In my house right now I have the following:
Pumpkin pancake and waffle mix
Pumpkin spice coffee
Pumpkin Butter (like Apple butter but, you know, pumpkin)
Pumpkin spice coffee syrup (for when the actual pumpkin spice coffee runs out)

I wonder if there's a disney short about someone who ate so much pumpkin that they turned into a pumpkin. Kind of like the headless horseman but even more so.

2 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time fall rolls around I feel the need to stock up on all things pumpkin! I LOVE IT! I have had pumpkin coffee every single day since that evil coffee place on every corner started selling it...nomnom

 
At 4:41 AM, Anonymous livestock exports said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home