leopold and loeb

Monday, August 11, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza!

So, for those of you keeping score at home, I turned 23 on Saturday!

Of course, the festivities began a week previously with my weird aunt kay coming into town. She wasn’t coming specifically to see me, though I pretended that she was. She and I had a nice little day of running around in my car and being directed by the lady who lives in my GPS. Most notably we went to Trousseau where awesome aunt kay bought me TWO bras! Yes! I was super excited by that! Two bras that fit! Awesome!

Next on the birthday agenda was planning the day. I had decided a while ago that I wanted to “do the Time Warp again” so to speak, and relive my days as a Rocky Horror maven. I always sing the part of Magenta. Unfortch, Mika (who played Eddie) was to be in Austin Texas for the day of my birthday and Denise (playing RiffRaff) has decided to pull a unibomber and not answer the phone. So I got others involved. I think specifically Tiffany enjoyed herself. She was laughing quite heartily! But, I must back up. Previously to the Late Night early morning, Double Feature rocky horror Picture Show, I went to dinner with the girls and Airman.

The dinner became a bit disastrous, though thankfully not for me. When getting our waters, the whole tray crashed to the floor, soaking Aaron and pretty thoroughly dousing Mileva. She got really annoyed and mad, not aided by the fact that we were pretty much left to clean it up ourselves. She calmed down a little by the time we got our food, where we hit another snag. Carrie, despite having ordered the same thing as Lauren, did not get her burger. 20 minutes later said burger was still absent. We had all finished eating and her food was nowhere to be found. The hostess came over and explained that the chef had accidentally overcooked her burger and they had to make a new one. She did eventually get her burger, and was comp’d for it.

While we were all sitting and talking my brother came in and totally surprised me. I had not expected him at all, since he had spent most of the day at a driving class for getting a (nother) speeding ticket. He came in and so quickly handed me a balloon and a rose that I at first thought that this person was a waiter. Until Carrie said “oh, hey!” and then I caught on. He gave me my present (Garfield and Friends DVDs!!! YAAY!!!) and ate my leftover chicken and broccoli. And he was off again. Still, I really liked the surprise!

Backing up further in the day, (wow, I’m really doing this out of order…) my parents and I went on a mini adventure to Glen Echo Park. Mr. T was added to my GPS a while ago apparently, and so for a birthday treat Mr. T lead us to the park! It was awesome! “Fool! Turn Lef!” My mom and I rode the carrousel, dad too pictures and waxed rhapsodic about the architecture and sang the jingle for the park from when he was a kid. It really was a glorious day, really odd for my birthday which is usually HOTASBALLS! So we walked around and looked at pottery in Yurts and had a grand old time.

Then we went to a lovely lunch of French cuisine on a rooftop terrace in the glorious weather and I think I got a little tan! I had escargot, one of my favorite things, and totally grossed out my dad, another of my favorite things! The food was amazing! Super fun times!

Forward to Sunday night (This really is appallingly out of order. For a chronological timeline of events see me after class). The whole family with the additions of Allison and Kari, went to see BB King at Wolftrap. The reviews of his recent performances have said that he is more about the talking now and less with the playing. Thats OK with me. I like hearing him talk, he makes me feel pretty. He always makes me feel pretty because half his concert is him talking about "ladies" and how beautiful we all are and how fellas should thank god every day for ladies, and all that. He even sang "you are my sunshine" dedicated to all Ladies. He didnt play for very long, as he is 82 and really should be in bed by 11. So since I had taken 2 naps that day and really didnt feel like sleeping MORE, I stayed up to watch the American men's swim relay wherein we killed the French and totally won! Especially gratifying since the Frenchies had been talking smack earlier. Plus Michael Phelps is a hottie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home