leopold and loeb

Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Meem

ANND CLOSED! answers are in bold.


So since everyone else seems to have done a meem, I thought it’d be fun to do one too. I have obviously cut out the spoken word tracks, and the instrumentals. I also did not include those tracks that have the title in the first line. Otherwise this is totally legit and the order that songs came up on my shuffle. For those that are a little more obscure, I added a few more words, to help out. So, we’ll see how many people read my blog based on how many people respond with answers.


What is a Meem? See below.

Step 1: Put your iPod player on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Bold the songs when someone guesses correctly. (Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!)



  1. I won’t leave you out of my will, but I will leave you out of my mind. (You Are my Joy, Reindeer Selection)
  2. Haul out the holly, put up the tree before my spirit falls again.
  3. Pop, six, squish, uh-uh, Cicero, Lipschitz.
  4. Sha-la-la-la-la-la-yeah, I was down at the New Amsterdam, Staring at this Yellow Haired Girl
  5. Oh the Shark has pretty teeth dear, and he shows them pearly white
  6. I, I wish you could swim, like the dolphins, like dolphins can swim
  7. I hear the clock, its 6 am, I feel so far from where I’ve been. (You were Meant for Me, Jewel)
  8. Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me, I ain’t the sharpest tool in the shed
  9. I need a sign, to let me know you’re here, all of these lines are being crossed over the atmosphere
  10. Heading up to San Francisco, for the Labor Day weekend show
  11. I don’t mind confiding that I make stupid mistakes, been mislead and misguided, and I’m easily led astray (Stumbling In, Great Big Sea)
  12. I love you from the heart of my bottom, I love you from the bottom of my sole (adolescent song of mindless devotion, the Lucksmiths)
  13. Please allow me to introduce myself, I’m a man of wealth and taste
  14. Love can be a many splendored thing, can’t deny the joy it brings (The Trouble with Love, Kelly Clarkson)
  15. I’ve heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn (For Good, Wicked)
  16. Was it the pull of the moon now baby, that led you to my door? (If I Fall, the Dixie Chicks)
  17. Gotta change my answering machine, now that I’m alone, because right now it says that we can’t come to the phone (So sick of Love Songs, Neo)
  18. Nassau’s gone funky, Nassau’s gone Soul
  19. Did you see the sky? I think it means that we’ve been lost (Follow you Down, the Gin Blossoms)
  20. There is a tale that the Island people tell, don’t know if it is true, but I love it so well
  21. When you see a deer you see bambi, and I see antlers up on the wall (I'm Still a Guy, Brad Paisley)
  22. When I was a little-bitty boy, just up off the floor, we used to go out to Grandma’s house, every month end or so
  23. I’d rather have a bottle in front of me, I’d rather watch 10 hours of TV (Food, Sex, and Ewe, NOFX)
  24. Wish I had what I needed, to be on my own, cuz I feel so defeated, and I’m feeling alone (Let That be Enough, Switchfoot)
  25. Dig. The chills that you spill up my back keep me filled with satisfaction (Groove is in the Heart, Deelite)
  26. I see trees of green, red roses too
  27. I’ve given you everything, all that joy can bring, this I swear
  28. There you see her, sitting there across the way, she don’t got a lot to say, but there’s something about her.
  29. I never love nobody fully, always one foot on the ground (Fidelity, Regina Spektor)
  30. Where have all the good men gone? And where are all the gods? (I Need a Hero, Jennifer Saunders)

Good luck guessing!

9 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger RenaissanceNeanderthal said...

OK, I'll take a shot:

2 is We Need a Little Christmas from Mame or Hello Dolly (I always get those mixed up)
5 is Mack the Knife by Bobby Darin from Three Penny Opera by Bertold Brecht
6 is We Could be Heros by ? on the ? album
10 is Come Monday by Jimmy Buffet
13 is Sympathy for the Devil by the Stone off the Beggars Banquet album
18 is Blues Brothers from the Sound Track of BB2000; It is probably also Erica Badoo
20 is Jolly Mon by Jimmy Buffet
22 is Grandma's Feather Bed by John Denver
26 is What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong.

(I think)

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger boppo said...

good job daddy! lets see if anyone else can guess! or really, if anyone else reads my blog semi-regularly...

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger boppo said...

whoops, actually the version of "what a wonderful world" that I have is by Joey Ramone. But I'll give it to you, since there's really no way you could know that...

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

4. Mr. Jones and Me, Counting Crows, August and Everything After
8. Rock Star, or maybe All Star?, SmashMouth, probably Astro Lounge album but I didn't look it up

Sorry, I'm Dee on Blogspot, but I'm really Weird Aunt Kay

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger NV said...

#9 When I Look to the Sky --Train

I recognize a few others but CANNOT place them. I HATE THAT! :-)

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#3 is the Cell block tango from Chicago...some soundtrack or other (is there only one, or is there one broadway & one film)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger boppo said...

well done! I'll leave it up for a while longer to give more people a chance to guess. I'm actually surprised at the super easy ones that people havent guessed yet. Keep in mind that I have music from movie soundtracks and from broadway musicals. hint for number 28, think about disney movies...

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, with the hint #28 is kiss the girl

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognized the Little Mermaid for #28, but the only other one I can think of is....

#27: say you'll be there, spice girls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home