leopold and loeb

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Don't Forget Your Movement Clothes



yeah, new apartment. with a roommate. I havent updated my blog because theres just so much and then i get overwhelmed and cant break it down into blog sized nuggets. but here are some highlights.

-moving day was to be the day of tropical storm Hannah. See dad's blog for those details. Moving day got pushed up a day. so nice and relaxing.

-new place is... OK. building not as clean as i would like, but I dont have to live in the hallway, so i'm trying not to worry about that part.

-saw my first ever honest to god live cockroach. hopefully my last (but i doubt it)

-got cabinets sprayed for bugs AFTER stuff was already put away, so entire kitchen worth of stuff moved to living/dining room. Dining room table covered with mugs and dishes and the like. Couch similarly covered.

-about 6 boxes left to unpack. But after work i never feel like it. so they are still there. in the middle of my bedroom floor. I work around them.

-in the process of delegating boxes and bags for recycling. No recycling system at the complex, but parents generously allow some to be brought home and adopted into their recycling piles.

-Cable and internet both finally hooked up. big muddle with that. they were supposed to install both with no charge. first guy came to install cable, said internet wasnt on his sheet, so i'd have to call again and get another guy to come do internet. Called. Internet guy couldnt come for 3 more weeks. and was charged internet installation fee. Dad says sardonically that they really saw me coming. I didnt really want to make a fuss, but will make a big fuss if I am charged separate monthly rates as opposed to the combined lower rate i was promised initially. So now have both cable and internet.

-having misgivings about the change on such a massive scale, but my anxiety seems to have calmed down to the point where i can fathom staying for a weekend. have been slinking away to my parents for the weekends, like the cowardess that i am. will probably have to wean myself slowly, going for smaller and smaller pieces of the weekend.

theres probably (certainly) a lot more that i've left out, but i think that gives you a pretty good snapshot of how things went/are going. basically i was a big ball of stress and i am only now coming down off of it. But with time, im sure it'll all be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home